8.08.2011

Late Summer Thoughts from Jake Waste


Incoming freshman Jake Waste reflects on his summer training as he prepares to enter his first year at UB.  


"I think this summer what I did the most to prepare for UB was just train. There is nothing better that will get you ready for college or any level than just training. My coach’s would always say “practice makes perfect”, as a kid I would just blow it off. When you start to get older and your muscle memory really starts to kick in you realize that it is a completely true statement. With that being said all I did was train and compete all summer. Focusing on the minor details and working on every move I have. Another big thing that came into my mind was this is a whole new level. While wrestling in high school you will get your normal “puds”, but in college everyone is a D1 wrestler. You have to train like you are wrestling one of the top ranked guys at your weight. In my mind if you do that you will succeed with all of your goals."


Waste is a Top 100 recruit and a five-time National Champion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...